IT Security incidents can come with high costs and damages to an organisation who is not prepared for them.
In their simplest way, they can cause downtime, impact business productivity and damage the employee or customer experience. Security is only as effective as the response it generates. An incident that is not responded to in a timely manner can expose your organisation to many issues.
When organisations implement right strategies to cope with these incidents, they achieve faster detection and investigation process. With a well-structured incident management process, even in critical and emergency situations organisations can achieve better results while minimizing possible damages.
By having a structured and formalised process in place to respond to internal and external information security incidents demonstrates that you are taking corporate and legal responsibilities seriously. This positive security position ensures that your organisation can deal with security incidents quickly, efficiently and effectively.
5 Benefits of having a structured security incident reporting process:
- 1) The rapid and accurate assessment of security incidents and the most appropriate response
- 2) Shortened recovery times to incidents
- 3) Minimised business disruption
- 4) Ensures that your organisation complies with local legal, regulatory and industry requirements
- 5) Accurate reporting and statistics to continuously improve the security of the information
Automating this process helps you to manage, record and analyse security warnings or incidents while giving you a clear view of the issues and how they are resolved.
The notification or identification that an information security incident is occurring can happen in many different ways. Two main of these are;
1) Automatically from specific devices such as an alert from a firewall, automatic review of system or security log files on network. These systems can then notify a mailbox. Kianda platform scans the mailbox and when there is an alert, platform starts the workflow automatically to notify required people and take certain actions.
2) Staff noticing unusual or suspicious activity on the computer system and raising an report via the Kianda platform. This flow starts with a staff raising a security incident when there is a risk of data or security. Following this, system immediately sends alerts to the responsible departments to act upon it. The reason of the incidents, threats or violations, can be distinguished by staff providing required details.
Management Dashboard that is provided with this application, provides you visibility of detailed analytics and reporting to aid tracking of the current issues in the system.
This workflow application is designed as a starting point for you to tailor it according to your organisation’s unique requirements. Kianda provides a NO-CODE development interface, meaning if you do not have programming skills, you can still build spot-on solutions.
Don’t forget to explore Kianda App Store when you sign up and check out all other apps designed to help you get started.
Get started with this application now!