As we all know, the construction industry is a high-risk environment with potential accidents and injuries lurking around every corner.
As such, it’s essential for you to prioritize Environmental, Health, and Safety protocols. One way to achieve this is by implementing EHS software, which can have a significant impact on a company’s bottom line.
A report by NAEM found that companies that integrate their EHS and sustainability efforts can achieve a 55% higher return on assets (ROA) compared to those that don’t. (NAEM, 2016. The Business Value of EHS & Sustainability Performance)
Let’s face it, the construction industry is one of the most competitive and capital-intensive industries out there. Investing in equipment, materials, and labour can be costly, and bidding for contracts is a constant battle.
A weak bottom line can make it challenging for you to remain competitive and invest in future growth opportunities.
Furthermore, you face various risks that can impact your bottom line, such as safety incidents, project delays, and cost overruns.
These risks can cause financial losses and damage your company’s reputation. But with EHS software, you can take control and prioritize risk management and cost control, saving money and improving your bottom line.
By implementing EHS software you have the power to create a safe and secure work environment that helps you save money and avoid expensive mishaps.
Here are a few ways EHS software can maximize profits and safety
1. Reduced Incidents and Accidents: Environmental, Health, and Safety software can help you monitor and track safety performance and identify potential hazards. By doing so, it can significantly reduce the risk of accidents and injuries on job sites. This reduction can result in fewer workers’ compensation claims and lower insurance premiums, resulting in cost savings for the company.
2. Increased Compliance: you must comply with various EHS regulations, which can be challenging and time-consuming to manage manually. EHS software can help streamline this process by automating compliance monitoring and reporting. By ensuring compliance, you can avoid costly fines and penalties.
3. Improved Productivity: Environmental, Health, and Safety software can help improve productivity by reducing downtime and increasing efficiency. For example, it can help you quickly identify and resolve safety issues, minimizing disruptions to work schedules. It can also provide real-time data on safety performance, allowing you to make data-driven decisions that optimize workflows.
4. Enhanced Reputation: Implementing EHS software demonstrates a construction company’s commitment to safety and environmental responsibility. By prioritizing these values, you can build a positive reputation, which can lead to increased business opportunities and a stronger competitive advantage.
Case Study: Maximizing Profits and Safety in Construction with EHS software
Kianda’s EHSwise client, Company A, is a medium-sized construction company with 20-30 sites spread across different regions.
Despite their commitment to environmental, health, and safety protocols, they faced significant challenges in managing safety compliance.
Without EHS software, their EHS professionals spent at least half a day per week on each site, making it an inefficient and time-consuming process.
In fact, to manage safety compliance across all their sites, they needed three full-time resources. This led to a difficult decision, as they had to choose between prioritizing projects or ensuring compliance.
Overall, they had limited visibility into safety performance and compliance across different job sites. They relied on manual processes, which were time-consuming, error-prone, and lacked real-time data insights.
They experienced several safety incidents that resulted in injuries, insurance claims, and project delays, leading to financial losses and reputational damage.
However, once they implemented EHS software, everything changed. The software streamlined their compliance process, reducing the time and resources needed to manage safety protocols.
They no longer required three full-time resources to manage safety compliance, freeing up time to prioritize both projects and compliance.
They can now proactively monitor safety performance and compliance, leading to fewer incidents, lower insurance premiums, and increased productivity.
EHSwise allowed our costumer to demonstrate their commitment to safety and environmental responsibility, leading to increased business opportunities and a stronger competitive advantage.
After implementing Environmental, Health, and Safety software, this company saw significant improvements in safety performance and efficiency.
In conclusion, EHSwise is a powerful Environmental, Health, and Safety software that can revolutionize the way your organization approaches safety.
By utilizing EHSwise, you will:
- Identify and mitigate risks
- Reduce costs associated with incidents and injuries
- enhance your reputation as a responsible and safe business.
Don’t wait any longer to prioritize the safety of your employees and the environment. Contact us today to learn more about how Kianda EHSwise can help you achieve your safety goals and maximise your profits
Take action now and make safety a top priority in your organization.